LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, LLC. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.lifeplanlabs.com/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service: Service is the https://www.lifeplanlabs.com/ website operated by LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, LLC.
Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog and/or website?
We do not collect personally identifiable information from anonymous visitors of our site.
When do we collect information?
You may browse our website at any time without giving us any personal information at all. Entry of any personal information is completely voluntary and is only requested from visitors that wish to receive additional information about our products and services.
What information do we collect from website visitors?
We only collect the following PII when voluntarily submitted to us. Note that not all of the listed information is required on every form and some information is optional/voluntary.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- School Name
- Number of Students
- Chat and Support Transcripts
- Messages that are submitted through our “Contact Us” pages
- Cookies and Usage Data
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Prohibited Activities for Personally Identifiable Information
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information collected by our site to third parties in the ordinary course of business. However, certain third party agents (ISP et al.) and other third parties performing services for the site sponsor (technical auditors, developers, order fulfillment operations) may have access to the personally identifiable information in order to do their jobs.
Further Prohibited Activities for Student Data Specifically
We never use your information in the following ways:
- We do not collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- We do not sell student personal information.
- We do not use or disclose student information collected through an educational/school service (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- We do not build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student.
- We do not make material changes to school service provider consumer privacy policies without first providing prominent notice to the account holder(s) (i.e., the educational institution/agency, or the parent/student when the information is collected directly from the student with student/parent consent) and allowing them choices before data is used in any manner inconsistent with terms they were initially provided; and not make material changes to other policies or practices governing the use of student personal information that are inconsistent with contractual requirements.
- We do not knowingly retain student personal information beyond the time period required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
How do we protect your information?
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. With that said:
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning and we host our website with an industry-leading hosting provider. The servers run on Google Cloud with industry-leading privacy and security compliance.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Our team implements a variety of security measures, including two-factor authentication (2FA), to access the information you may submit to us to maintain the safety of your information.
- All financial transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, LLC. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, LLC. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, LLC.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Retention of Data
LIFE PLAN LABORATORIES, INC. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, we allow third-party behavioral tracking to improve our website usability. All behavioral tracking information is completely anonymous and aggregated. The behavioral information we collect can not be cross-referenced to your personal information in any way.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website in the future.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- Website usage and heat map reporting
- Form submission notifications
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
Changes to this Statement
Effective as of June 2nd, 2018
Last Modified Date
Last modified on January 13th, 2020
How to Modify Your Information:
You may change your personal information using the following methods:
Opting out as an anonymous user:
Opting out as an known user:
A “known” user is someone who has previously submitted personal information on our website. This may include emailing us via our website or filling out a form. To opt out from our mailing and contact lists, please send an email to: email@example.com, ATTN: Ryan T. Murphy
Life Plan Laboratories, LLC.
3730 Kirby Dr., Suite 1200
Houston, Texas 77098
firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Ryan T. Murphy